I blogged for six months, I took a break for six months, I’m starting over. I’m quite a private person so I do find it difficult to share details about myself but I want to square up to this challenge so am giving it another go.
In the last six months I have had been pondering some key questions, here’s a list of just a few and in no particular order:
- How do I get enough freelance work to finance my travels
- Am I just coasting
- If Mickey is a mouse and Donald is a duck what IS Goofy (I have been brooding on that particular question since watching ‘Stand By Me’ back in the early ‘90s)
- Have I left it too late to become a professional tennis player or blues musician (I swither between the two)
- Will I regret not having children
- Do I think/worry too much
- What did I do to make today better
- Will dark energy consume the Universe
- If scientists can just call anything they don’t understand ‘dark’ can we
- How will I know when I find somewhere I want to live (one of my reasons for travelling at the moment)
- What would I be doing if I wasn’t afraid
- Will they ever finish building the Sagrada Família
- How much is too much cheese
This year I have also joined the land of professional house sitters, which is an actual job (of a sort) and one of my favourite ones I think I have ever had. Which is saying something as I have had some corkers – including being a stage assistant to Labi Siffre and singing radio jingles. Two jobs which I had completely forgotten about until this very moment.
Ok, I have now got thoroughly distracted thinking about my previous jobs, which would take up a whole other blog post, so here’s a link to Mr Siffre performing ‘I Got The…’ back in 1975, pure musical heaven – no wonder it was sampled by Jay-Z, Eminen, LL Cool J and all the others:
The picture on the post is a sculpture called Nomade by Jaume Plensa, it’s in Antibes, one of the towns I visited when I first started travelling nearly two years ago – he seemed rather apt for my current mood and situation.